Ask questions such as:
● What is your home decor? Will you be remodeling the entire room, or just replacing the floor? Do you plan to get all new furniture, or do you want the new floor covering to coordinate with what you already have?
● Are you installing the floor in a high-moisture area, such as the basement or bathroom (full, not guest bath), or in a kitchen that’s prone to leaks? You will want to choose something that’s waterproof, not just water resistant. Waterproof means no water can ever get into the floor; water-resistant means a tiny bit of water can get in.
● Do you entertain frequently? That can mean you’ll have more foot traffic than some others.
● Do you have kids? Pets? You’ll want something that can withstand wear and tear, such as pull-toys and dog nails. Also, will the kids and/or pets be tracking in mud from the outside, or will the kids splash water all over the bathroom floor? Consider hard-falls; if you have kids or elderly residents, you’ll want a floor with some give and plushness. In that case, you might want to visit our carpet store.
● What’s your budget? This is a big one, because you need to factor-in not only the initial purchase, but installation and cleaning. You also need to add the cost of additional, but necessary items, such as underlayment. Also look at alternatives; for instance, if you love the look of tile, but the wallet says no, think of luxury vinyl tile. It closely resembles the real thing, is 100 percent water impervious, durable and easy to clean.
Come into the Cherokee Floor Covering showroom in Woodstock, GA, and let us show you what a new floor will do for a room.