Are you considering installing hardwood flooring? If so, you might also wonder if they can stand up to your dog or cat.
The answer is a definite yes! However, there's no reason to deprive yourself of long-lasting natural beauty if you take some simple precautions.
Everyday routines to keep your wood floors in top shape
- Dry your pet off if it's raining. Excess water can damage solid wood floors, so towel him off well.
- Wipe paws, getting between the toes. This removes mud and salt in the unlikely event it snows.
- Place mats at entrances and heavily trafficked areas with hardwood floors.
- Think about toppled water dishes; cats, especially, are fascinated by liquid.
Consider an extra-hard species
Tell the hardwood flooring professionals if you have a pet and ask about extra durability. Some hard species are oak, hickory, or maple.
Consider engineered wood flooring
You'll still have beautiful oak–or whatever your species of choice is–flooring—the difference in the construction underneath.
Engineered wood floors are more stable and better able to handle water. They also come with an ultra-tough finish.
Feel free to come into our hardwood flooring showroom. You'll see engineered wood floors like Classic Natural Red Oak by Somerset.
Benefits of hardwood flooring
- Style. These floors have an allure that can never be doubted.
- Versatility. They work with any decor. If you need a change, just sand and re-stain them.
- Real estate value-adding. Wood floors have the highest ROI of any flooring.
- Easy Care: Dust mop every day and vacuum once a week. Clean/polish a few times a year.
The area’s hardwood flooring experts
You'll find the best hardwood flooring at Cherokee Flooring, but you'll also see tile, carpet, and more. We have over 30 years of experience, and our knowledgeable staff will show you how to select the best product for your decor and style.
Visit our showroom in Woodstock, GA, where you'll experience our knowledge and superior services. We work on residential and commercial projects of all sizes in Woodstock, Marietta, Canton, Acworth, and Kennesaw, GA.